- Be aware of signs of distress in yourself and others.
- Pay attention to how you are feeling and observe changes in overall demeanor and functioning of colleagues and team members.
- Take care of your mental health and seek treatment when needed.
- Become a mental health ally. Have a nonjudgmental conversation with colleagues and team members to show concern, describe observations, and ask questions.
- Listen and empathize acknowledging the difficulties they are facing.
- Locate resources, including peer support, that will be beneficial to you and others. One size does not fit all.
- Remind colleagues and team members of the resources available to assist them (without implying an expectation they must use them).
- Have resource information on hand.