Monthly Digital Accessibility Roundup for April 2022
At Disability:IN we know that digital accessibility impacts all aspects of disability inclusion. If you have questions about our digital accessibility program, please contact Jeff Wissel, our Chief Accessibility Officer.
Upcoming Digital Accessibility events at Disability:IN
Digital Accessibility Conferences and Events
The March accessibility conferences are over, but you can still tap into their great content:
- Axe-Con: It is not too late to register for free and view all 80 sessions, including many presented by Disability:IN partners and the session offered by Lainey Feingold, the Disability:IN digital accessibility resource.
- CSUN: The CSUN keynote and featured presentations (including Lainey’s 2022 Digital Accessibility Legal update) are available at no cost on the CSUN YouTube channel.
- The ACCESS2022 Age of Digital Inclusion Conference is free and can be experienced even after the March 29 – April 1 event is over.
Here’s what’s coming up:
- John Slatin AccessU (May 7-12, virtual and in-person in Austin) presented by Knowbility, a nonprofit leader in the digital accessibility consulting and training space since 1999. AccessU is the rare conference offering classes of 90 minutes or more for a deep dive into all things accessibility.
- Ability Summit (May 10, virtual) hosted by Microsoft, brings together people with disabilities, allies, and industry professionals to Imagine, Build, and Include the future of disability inclusion and accessibility.
- ICT Accessibility Testing Symposium (May 16-19, virtual and in-person in Baltimore)
Digital Accessibility Resources
The Disability:IN Digital accessibility team knows that the amount of accessibility resources can be overwhelming. Each month we share just a few of the many free resources from our Resource Library, our partners or other sources that we think are great. And don’t forget to visit the Disability:IN Resource Library where you can filter resources by “accessibility” and find content created by Disability:IN and our partners.
Here are some resource suggestions for this month. If you are a Disability:IN partner and would like your accessibility resources featured in our monthly roundup, please let us know at [email protected].
- In March we added our most recent digital accessibility webinar to the Resources Library: Accessibility: Essential to the Physical, Hybrid, and Remote Workplace. Accessibility leaders from Walmart, JPMorgan Chase, and P&G, moderated by our Chief Accessibility Officer JeffWissel, shared experiences and lessons learned as their companies make today’s workplace accessible to all.
- Global Accessibility Awareness Day, this year being observed on May 19, 2022, is right around the corner. Check out the GAAD website for more about GAAD and the GAAD Foundation.
- Do you know about the Web Accessibility Initiative? WAI is part of the W3C and the organization responsible for writing guidelines for web accessibility. The WAI website is an often overlooked treasure of in-depth resources on how and why to make digital content accessible to people with disabilities.
News about the Disability:IN Digital Accessibility Team
Disability:IN’s Digital Accessibility Resource Lainey Feingold received the Jim Thatcher Lifetime Achievement Award at the Axe-Con Conference.