We certify disability-owned business enterprises and veteran-disability owned businesses and link them to organizations looking to diversify their supply chains.
A disability-owned business enterprise (DOBE) is a for-profit business that is at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by a person with a disability regardless of whether or not that business owner employs person(s) with a disability. We do not certify non-profit organizations.
- Nationally Recognized Certification
- Exclusive Information and Resources
- Networking & Business Matchmaking Opportunities
- Policy Advocacy
- Access to private sector corporations
Disability-Owned Business Enterprises (DOBE®): A business which is 51 percent owned, controlled, operated, and managed by a person(s) with a disability.
Veteran Disability-Owned Business Enterprises (V-DOBE®): A business which is 51 percent owned, controlled, operated, and managed by a veteran, but disability was not incurred during their time of service.
Service-Disabled Veteran Disability-Owned Business Enterprises (SDV-DOBE®): A business which is 51 percent owned, controlled, operated, and managed by a veteran, who sustained their disability during their time of service.
Are you eligible for Disability:IN certification?
- Do you have a disability – a physical and/or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities?
[For an overview of disabilities: Download Word Doc List of Disabilites]
- Do you own at least 51% of your business? If yes, is this clearly evident and verifiable on all supporting business and financial documents?
- Do you own an independent business enterprise that is not substantially reliant on another business in order to operate?
- Do you make the day-to-day business decisions for your company?
- Are you willing to submit the required financial and business information to our organization for a confidential review and retention in a permanent, secure environment?
- Are you already certified as a woman-owned business by WBENC and/or a LGBTQ-owned business by NGLCC? If yes, you are eligible for accelerated certification through a reciprocal agreement Disability:IN has with these organizations.
Note: Certification is not a guarantee of business contracts. Certification by our national organization provides third-party assurance to public and private sector partners that a firm meets the established conditions of ownership, management and control. It provides access to Fortune 500 and 1000 corporate decision makers and contract bidding opportunities.