The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) and the Employer Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN) are teaming-up to deliver the 2021 JAN Academy. The JAN Academy will offer disability inclusion, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and job accommodation lessons learned during the pandemic and beyond that will inform the future of work. This training will enable participants to stay ahead of the curve by learning trends in inclusive policy and process integration and the interactive job accommodation process that will give workers with disabilities the opportunity to contribute, excel, and feel included as return to work plans are deployed. Are you ready to master the next level of accommodation, ADA, and inclusion challenges?
EARN will present The Future of Work is Now: Lessons Learned from the Pandemic. As more workplaces reopen, some employees return to site-based work, and workplace innovation accelerates, what disability inclusionary practices will have staying power beyond the pandemic? Are flexible work arrangements, extended core hours, and telework here to stay? EARN will offer guidance on how to capitalize on the changes spurred by the pandemic to ensure a productive and inclusive workforce where workers with disabilities have full access and opportunity.
JAN will present Next Level Accommodation and ADA Challenges. The job accommodation and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance bar has risen to expert level, requiring a higher level of competence, ADA analysis, and engagement in the interactive accommodation process. JAN will offer expert guidance on the many accommodation, ADA, and interactive process lessons learned over time, especially during the pandemic. Attend this training to learn practical ways to master complex accommodation and ADA situations involving engaging in the interactive process, addressing performance issues, modifying workplace policies, managing leave and attendance, and providing reasonable accommodations in a COVID-19 pandemic world.
- Identify the impact of the pandemic on the economy, workplace, and employment of people with disabilities
- Examine internal inclusionary policies and practices to resolve workplace challenges that may occur in pandemic recovery
- Identify and master complex accommodation and ADA interactive process challenges
- Apply guidance provided by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to inform accommodation practices and comply with relevant laws
- Recognize JAN and EARN as partners in the interactive accommodation process and disability inclusion efforts