Dates: Tuesday, July 7th – Monday, July 13th, 2020
Tuesday, July 7, 2020
10:00am – 12:00pm: National Certification Committee (NCC) Meeting
1:00pm – 2:30pm: Procurement Council Meeting
3:00pm – 4:00pm: EARN Circle Meeting
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
12:00pm – 1:00pm: ERG/BRG Leadership Committee Meeting
1:30pm – 2:30pm: Global Roundtable Meeting
3:00pm – 4:00pm: NextGen Council Meeting
Thursday, July 9, 2020
12:00pm – 1:00pm: Accessibility Leadership Committee Meeting
1:30pm – 2:30pm: DEI Advisory Committee Meeting
Monday, July 13, 2020
10:00am – 7:00pm: Inclusion Works Meeting (for IW companies only)
12:00am – 4:00pm: Affiliate Summit (for Affiliates only)
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm: The JAN Academy: Focus on ADA: Compliance to Competitive Advantage (separate registration and fee required)
- Description: In recognition of the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the 2020 JAN Academy will offer reasonable accommodation professionals expert training to build their ADA competence and boost their ADA confidence. Employers that implement reasonable accommodation policies and engage in workplace practices that are both ADA compliant and disability inclusive have a competitive advantage. The 2020 JAN Academy will give you the information you need to help your organization achieve that advantage. Participants will engage in a three-part training experience that will:
- Dissect the fundamental requirements of the ADA in a practical way, preparing you to confidently integrate ADA compliance into your business practices;
- Navigate a model interactive process that focuses on ADA issues that continue to challenge employers, like recognizing and responding to accommodation requests, determining who may receive accommodations, knowing when and how to request disability-related information, and deciding what accommodations are reasonable;
- Offer hiring best practices and practical guidance on pre-employment disability-related inquiry rules and the ADA; and
- Explore workplace flexibility-related accommodations related to when and where work is performed, to improve employee presence.
- Employ practical strategies for engaging in an interactive process under the ADA to make smart reasonable accommodation decisions.
- Access tangible resources that will enhance their organization’s reasonable accommodation practices to advance beyond ADA compliance towards a more competitive advantage.
- Leverage workplace flexibility to provide accommodations intended to improve employee presence.