To Apply: Please send your resume to [email protected]disabilityin.org with “Director of ESG Policy and Government Affairs” in the subject line.
Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Our network of more than 400 corporations expands opportunities for people with disabilities across enterprises. Our organization and 25 affiliates raise a collective voice of positive change for people with disabilities in business.
Disability:IN promotes disability inclusion by heightening awareness, advising corporations, and sharing proven strategies for including people with disabilities in the workplace, supply chain, and marketplace. We expand opportunities for people with disabilities by helping companies invigorate their disability initiatives, explore best practices, incorporate culture changes, and realize positive business outcomes.
The Director of ESG Policy and Government Affairs is responsible for helping to elevate and implement Disability:IN’s policy agenda and communicating with key policymakers, stakeholders, the public, and the media about the organization’s work. Disability:IN’s policy agenda is centered around themes of shaping the corporate operating environment, advancing equitable access and opportunity, and enabling participation with a focus on issues including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria, supplier diversity, self-identification, and self-employment. Effective with incorporating the organizational core values, mission, and D&I focus into Disability:IN’s policy agenda.
- Providing leadership in the ongoing development and implementation of Disability:IN’s policy agenda and strategy.
- Leading Disability:IN’s work to strategically position the organization and our agenda with policymakers and influencers.
- Collaborating with Disability:IN senior leadership to cultivate and build strong relationships with key policymakers and influencers in Washington, DC, and state capitals.
- Managing Disability:IN’s relationships with the Administration, Congress, and regulatory agencies.
- Participating in coalitions and maintaining critical relationships with partner organizations.
- Providing reliable, timely analysis and strategic guidance on Disability:IN’s advocacy activities.
- Developing and disseminating materials on legislative developments to national partners, policymakers, and the media.
- Conducting or commissioning research as necessary.
- Working closely with third-party partners, consultants, and other thought leader’s organizations to advance public policy goals.
- Drafting written material: op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, comments on legislation, formal correspondence, and more.
- Aligning policy goals and priorities with the organization’s overall strategic plan.
- B.A./B.S. degree in a related field such as public policy, communications, political science, or business.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- The ideal candidate will have experience and established relationships in the ESG space and leverage those to deliver results for Disability:IN and individuals with disabilities in business.
- Extensive knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes.
- Disability:IN is a fully remote organization; employees are expected to operate independently from a home office.
- The preferred location for this position is the Washington, DC area, other locations may be considered.
- Position requires occasional domestic travel, at least 3-5 times a year.
- Occasional night and weekend work may be required.
- Starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Future salary adjustments will be based on individual and organizational performance.
- Disability:IN offers generous benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a retirement plan, flex spending accounts and unlimited paid time off.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Director of Policy and Government Affairs may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Disability:IN is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please send your resume to [email protected] with “Director of ESG Policy and Government Affairs” in the subject line.