A commitment to diversity and inclusion requires that employees and applicants with disabilities can independently use workplace digital tools, including websites, software applications and other technologies. On the day before Global Accessibility Awareness Day join industry leaders who will share best practices, policies, and strategies for purchasing accessible workplace tools.
The webinar will draw from Disability:IN’s Accessible Technology Procurement Toolkit (https://private.disabilityin.org/procurementtoolkit/) developed by the partners and Accessibility Leadership Committee of Disability:IN. This tool is open-source and available free of charge to anyone wishing to enhance their knowledge of accessible procurement and implement an accessible procurement program.
Join us to learn more about buying and maintaining technology all employees can use, whether your journey is just beginning or you’re well on the road.
- Discover best practices for defining software accessibility needs and evaluating vendor claims of accessibility
- Understand how to work with your vendors to make sure that products really are accessible and that accessibility stays front and center through the life of the contract
- Learn tips for baking accessibility into organizational culture, getting leadership buy-in, and involving employees with disabilities in your accessible procurement program
- Kerrie Holleman, Director – Business Management & Operations, Accessibility @ Microsoft
- Catherine Watterson, Senior Director – Accessibility Technology @ Microsoft
- Jeff Wissel, Senior Accessibility Consultant @ Fidelity
- Eric Wright, Senior Lead Technologist @ Booz, Allen, Hamilton
Lainey Feingold, Law Office of Lainey Feingold / Disability:IN accessibility subject matter expert