Disability:IN Minnesota invites you to join us for our next (VIRTUAL) meeting on Wednesday, January 13th from 8:00-9:30 am. We hope you’ll join us to learn more about how you can prepare your business for taking and succeeding on the Disability Equality Index (DEI). We will also spotlight a discussion between a mentor-mentee pair from our 2020 program as we kick off our 2021 program.
Featured Presentation: Disability Equality Index (DEI) Panel
8:00-8:20 am: Welcome and 2020 Recap
8:20-8:40 am: Mentoring Program Spotlight: Kevin Connors and Cathy Klopp
8:40-9:25 am: Featured Presentation: Disability Equality Index (DEI) Panel
9:25-9:30 am: Conclusion and 2021 Outlook
Description: The Disability Equality Index (DEI) is a prominent benchmarking tool for the Fortune 1000 and America’s top 200 revenue grossing law firms (Am Law 200) to gauge their level of disability workplace inclusion against competitors. Since piloting the DEI, there has been a significant spike in participation and a growing need across all industries to utilize the DEI to advance disability inclusion across their businesses. In its sixth official year, the Disability Equality Index continues to see an increase in year-over-year participation, with the number of top-scoring companies more than quadrupling to 205 in 2020 as compared to 43 in 2015.
The 2020 DEI measured:
-Culture & Leadership
-Employment Practices (Benefits, Recruitment, Employment, Education, Retention & Advancement, Accommodations)
-Non-U.S. Operations (Non-Weighted)
Top-scoring DEI companies who earn a score of 80 or above receive the recognition Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion™.
A panel of professionals from the following Disability:IN Minnesota member businesses will discuss their experiences with taking the DEI and share how they ultimately succeeded at making the 2020 list of Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion™:
Disability Equality Index (DEI) Panelists:
- Catherine Bintner- Assistant Vice President | Strategy, Planning and Operations Manager with U.S. Bank
- Andrea Eselunas- Director of Enterprise Disability Inclusion Programs with UnitedHealth Group
- Philomena Morrissey Satre- Director of Diversity and Inclusion and Strategic Partnerships with Land O’Lakes
- Dawn Kirchner- Diversity Recruitment Specialist, Mayo Clinic
- Members: Free (for member companies and their employees)
- Non-members: $20 per person
- Prospective Disability:IN Minnesota members are welcome to attend their first meeting free. For details, contact [email protected].