We are #DisabledandHired!
These are the stories of Rising Leaders. They are an untapped talent pool of skilled candidates with disabilities who excel at data analytics, finance, computer science, and other fields.
Through our programs, an average of 85% of Rising Leaders find employment. Here we recognize and celebrate those who are #DisabledandHired.
- Cierra Warren, Spectrum Packaging Communications with Spectrum says “USBLN changed my life. Both the conference and the organization bring hope and opportunity to students with disabilities.”
- Christopher Gaines, Operations Analyst with Northrop Grumman says “USBLN has afforded me an enormous opportunity to work for one of best aerospace and defense technology companies in the world.”
- Adelin Rivas, Software Developer Intern with Northrop Grumman says "USBLN has provided me with unique opportunities to develop my career. While participating in the USBLN Rising Leaders Academy, I networked with representatives from several companies; gained valuable employment insight; and secured an internship for this upcoming summer.”
- Danny Thomas Vang, Consumer Lending Intern with Wells Fargo says “The USBLN taught me effective networking strategies. It provided me the platform to network with executives and representatives from prominent companies that I otherwise would not have had a chance to meet.”
- Karla Grajeda, Tax Professional with EY says “USBLN helps companies hire a diverse workforce that can approach the marketplace from different perspectives. As a Rising Leader, I was honored to have the opportunity to talk to so many firms working to embrace inclusion.”
- Marcus Tuck, Information Security Analyst 2 with Well Fargo says “USBLN helped me develop a professional network and has provided me with life-time mentors.”
- Taylor Armstrong, Intern with Northrup Grumman says “When I think about my future, I want to be a leader, and prove to others that I can lead the way.”
- Andrew Batallas, Data Analyst with Wayfair says “I definitely could not have done it without the help of my mentor and the resources from the [USBLN’s Rising Leaders] program.”
- Lilianna Watson, Communications Consultant with MassMutual says “I had conversations and interviews with so many dream companies, and ended up securing a position that I would've thought was beyond my capabilities before I attended the conference.”
- Paul Trevino, Pyrotechnics Operator with The Walt Disney Company says “My mentor reviewed my resume and offered suggestions that allowed me greater ability to showcase my talents and prepared me for future endeavors. In the end, I got my dream job!”