Disability Equality Index Best Practices
These best practices enable a culture of inclusion that promotes increased self-identification, employees feeling truly welcomed to be their authentic selves and innovation sparked by disability inclusion being built into products and services. To learn more, download the Disability Equality Index Best Practices (PDF).
Provide resources, in a variety of forms, through:
- Leadership Training
- Meetings & Events
Advance accommodations by understanding the disability:
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHoH)
- Substance Abuse
Aim for inclusive design through participatory approaches, by:
- Creating a Disability Roundtable
- Utilizing an Accessibility Team
- Inviting NextGen to innovate
Supplier Diversity Best Practices
In the evolution of supplier diversity efforts, today is a pivotal time for supplier inclusion with many corporations and government agencies in the formative stages of recognizing, promoting and utilizing disability suppliers.
Disability-owned business enterprises have joined the ranks of minority-, woman-, LGBTQ-, and service veteran-owned businesses in supporting global supply chains. We are encouraged by this progress and wish to highlight leading business practices as examples for others to adopt. To learn more, download our PDF.
- Make it a Corporate Priority
- Utilize the Billion Dollar Roundtable (BDR)
- Strive for Global Inclusion
- Advance Accessibility in Procurement
- Enable Internal Support Systems
- Promote Education and Sponsorship Funding