Thank you for your interest in the Virtual Career Connection. Applications for this event are now closed.
Virtual Career Connection for Career Seekers with Disabilities
Friday, April 12, 2019
12 Noon to 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
The Disability:IN Inclusion Works companies are committed to finding, growing and keeping talented individuals with disabilities (click here for a definition of disability).
Through the Virtual Career Connection event organized by Inclusion Works with Bender Consulting, the participating companies are seeking professionals with disabilities who are in STEM, Finance, Business, Sales, and Customer Service fields. Early career and experienced candidates are encouraged to participate.
- Date: Friday, April 12, 2019
- Time: 12 Noon to 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Focus: Disability:IN Inclusion Works Companies are seeking early career and experienced candidates with disabilities in STEM, Finance, Business, Customer Service and Sales. Early career and experienced candidates are encouraged to participate.
- Apply: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019VirtualCareerConnection
- For more information, please email: [email protected]
What is the Virtual Career Connection?
Participating companies are inviting candidates with disabilities in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Finance, Business, Customer Service and Sales fields to attend this virtual recruiting event.
The Virtual Career Connection event is an excellent opportunity for early career & experienced candidates to virtually meet with Fortune/Global 500 companies from the convenience of their homes or offices.
The participating companies are specifically seeking talent who identify as living with a disability and interested in careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Finance, Business, Customer Service and Sales. Here is a sample of jobs these companies are seeking candidates for:
- Software Development Engineers
- Software Development Managers
- Technical Program Managers
- Call Center Customer Service Representatives
- Financial Analyst
Plus, many other positions.
How Does a Career-Seeker with a Disability Receive an Invitation to Participate in this Event?
If you are interested in being a part of the Virtual Career Connection as a candidate, please complete the event interest survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019VirtualCareerConnection by March 25, 2019.
I am a candidate with a disability who has submitted their resume, now what?
If you are found to be well-matched to the job opportunities available through the Inclusion Works companies, you will be emailed a link to the CareerEco website inviting you to register for the Virtual Career Connection.
Once you successfully register, you will receive a confirmation email asking you to login to your account to update your profile and upload a resume. You will also be able to review employers’ job listings.
Once all invited job candidates with disabilities profiles and resumes are uploaded into the CareerEco platform, the participating Inclusion Works company recruiters will review resumes and invite selected candidates to “Informational Meetings” during specific times of the day on April 12, 2019 from 12:00 Noon to 2:00 PM Eastern Time.
You will be required to log into CareerEco and accept the “Informational Meeting.”
If you do not accept the invitation, the next candidate in line will be offered your time slot.
You may also choose to decline the employer’s invitation, if it is not in an area you are interested in pursuing.
As a selected job candidate, please be responsive to all “Informational Meeting” invitations sent by CareerEco.
Note: You may participate online from anywhere in the U.S., as long you have a high speed and reliable Internet connection. We recommend that you test your Internet connection a few days before the event.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- March 25, 2019 APPLICATION DEADLINE: Deadline for candidates with disabilities with interest in STEM, Finance, Business, Customer Service and Sales careers to complete the event application at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019VirtualCareerConnection
- January – March 25, 2019: Invited candidates will complete their CareerEco online profile, including uploading their resumes.
- March 26 – April 2, 2019: Employers will extend “Informational Meeting” invitations to selected candidates.
- April 2 – April 9, 2019: Candidates will accept or decline “Informational Meeting” invitations.
- April 12, 2019, 12 Noon to 2:00 PM Eastern Time: Inclusion Works Virtual Career Connection event.
Whom Do I Contact for More Information?
To learn more about the Inclusion Works Virtual Career Connection event, please email: [email protected]
What is Disability:IN?
Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Disability:IN promotes disability inclusion by heightening awareness, advising corporations and sharing proven strategies for including people with disabilities in the workplace, supply chain, and marketplace.
What is the Disability:IN Inclusion Works Program?
Inclusion Works is a Disability:IN program providing customized, 3-year virtual and onsite disability inclusion consulting services & facilitated sharing of next and best practices among 22 participating companies. To learn more about Inclusion Works, please visit: https://disabilityin.org/what-we-do/inclusion-works/
What is Bender Consulting?
Bender Consulting Services, Inc. provides disability employment expertise in the areas of recruitment, workplace mentoring, strategic planning, training, and digital accessibility to drive innovation and realize business value for customers. As a national leader in advancing employment of people with disabilities, including veterans with disabilities, Bender partners with corporations and federal agencies to assist them with achieving their diversity and workforce inclusion initiatives. The company connects to the professional community of individuals with disabilities seeking competitive careers, including the STEM fields. To learn more about Bender Consulting please visit: https://www.benderconsult.com/
What is CareerEco?
CareerEco, the new career ecosystem, is a virtual recruiting platform and talent community for jobseekers, prospective graduate students, academic institutions, and employers who leverage the power of technology and embrace innovation in order to accomplish their professional and academic goals. To learn more about the services CareerEco provides, please visit: http://www.careereco.com/
How Do I Know If I Have a Disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that:
- substantially limits a major life activity, or
- a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
For example, if you had cancer and it is in remission, you are still considered an individual with a disability since if the cancer returned, it would substantially limit major life activities. The same is true of conditions that are controlled by medication, for example, chronic migraines or learning and attention issues. Other examples – this is not an exhaustive list – of disabilities are:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limb or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)