Position Description: Special Assistant
Word version of this job description can be downloaded here.
Who We Are
Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Our network of more than 160 corporations expands opportunities for people with disabilities across enterprises. Our organization and 50 Affiliates raise a collective voice of positive change for people with disabilities in business.
What We Do
Disability:IN promotes disability inclusion by heightening awareness, advising corporations and sharing proven strategies for including people with disabilities in the workplace, supply chain, and marketplace. We expand opportunities for people with disabilities by helping companies invigorate their disability initiatives, explore best practices, incorporate culture changes, and realize positive business outcomes.
The Special Assistant will support the President & CEO and Executive Vice Presidents and will be given responsibility for special projects central to the smooth operation and general functioning of the organization. The Special Assistant will be integral to the operations functions of the organization and will be relied upon to exercise independent judgement and decision-making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the schedules, travel and expense reports for the CEO and two Executive Vice Presidents.
- Maintain Disability:IN CRM database (Salesforce) and find ways to improve contact tracking.
- Track and maintain corporate partnership benefits.
- Assist Corporate Relations team and Communications team in assembling materials for current and prospective corporate partners.
- Play a key role in the planning process for Disability:IN’s Annual Conference, including logistics and program support.
- Lead volunteer program at Disability:IN’s Annual Conference.
- Assist the CFO with invoicing and tracking of receivables.
- Create meeting agendas and gather materials for several leadership committees and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain responsibility for organization’s general email box and voicemail, including responding and troubleshooting.
Work Schedule, Location, and Travel Requirements
- Needs to be based in the DC metro area, as occasional trips to Disability:IN’s storage space will be required.
- Disability:IN is a fully remote organization. All employees are expected to operate independently from their home offices on a day-to-day basis.
- Position will require domestic travel 2-3 times a year for 3-5 days at a time.
- Occasional night and weekend work may be required.
- Occasional lifting of heavy boxes and supplies (40 lbs.) may be required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience in an executive assistant or similar type role.
- Capitol Hill scheduling experience preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Disability:IN offers generous benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a retirement plan, flex spending accounts, and unlimited paid time off.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated detail-orientation and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple priorities, and manage multiple time-sensitive assignments.
- The ability to respond effectively to multiple streams of incoming information, direction, and requests.
- Internet research skills and a deep working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe, database management (Salesforce experience preferred), and reporting.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about accessibility of documents, websites, and other platforms.
- An interest in, passion for, and commitment to Disability:IN’s work and vision.
- A willingness to take direction and carry out tasks at hand as directed by multiple supervisors/project leads.
- The ability to speak up and contribute observations and ideas; foresight about how to best fill gaps and solve problems
- A personable and professional demeanor, with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Disability:IN’s staff and constituents.
- A high level of truthfulness, integrity, reliability, and honesty with work time and commitments.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity; must be flexible and comfortable with unstructured time.
- Driven, self-motivated, and willing to take initiative.
- Must be a team player and collaborate respectfully and inclusively with others across the organization.
- Good judgment; knowing when to handle or escalate issues to managers and others.
Send your resume and a brief cover letter, including salary requirements, to email@example.com. Please include “Special Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Special Assistant may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Disability:IN is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.