Position Description: NextGen Initiatives Manager
Word version of this job description can be downloaded here.
Who We Are
Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Our network of more than 160 corporations expands opportunities for people with disabilities across enterprises. Our organization and 50 Affiliates raise a collective voice of positive change for people with disabilities in business.
What We Do
Disability:IN promotes disability inclusion by heightening awareness, advising corporations and sharing proven strategies for including people with disabilities in the workplace, supply chain, and marketplace. We expand opportunities for people with disabilities by helping companies invigorate their disability initiatives, explore best practices, incorporate culture changes, and realize positive business outcomes.
The NextGen Initiatives Manager is responsible for the form and function of the three components of the program: Mentorship Exchange, Talent Accelerator, and NextGen Alumni Network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage programs and initiatives that enhance the professional development and career opportunities for college students and grads with disabilities
- Implement the Mentorship Exchange program for up to 200 college students and 200 corporate partners
- Manage the Talent Accelerator program for approximately 200 college students and recent graduates with disabilities
- Support the NextGen Council and NextGen Alumni Network for an ever-growing number of college students and grads with disabilities
- Lead recruitment efforts for college students with disabilities to meet the NextGen Initiatives goals
- Manage and coordinate a team of consultants and volunteers that support the NextGen Initiatives
- Coordinate Disability:IN corporate partner recruitment efforts
- Track NextGen employment outcomes and growth throughout the NextGen programs
- Work with Disability:IN internal team to market and grow the program
- Work with supporting agencies (WRP, Veterans) outside Disability:IN to maintain relationships and develop streams of qualified talent for the NextGen programs
- Organize and assist with events hosted by our corporate partners with NextGen Leaders, specifically to introduce students to their organization and to recruit future talent
Work Schedule, Location, and Travel Requirements
- Disability:IN is a fully remote organization. All employees are expected to operate independently from their home offices on a day-to-day basis.
- Position will require domestic travel 2-3 times a year for 3-5 days at a time.
- Occasional night and weekend work may be required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in coordinating and leading work teams
- Experience in developing programs and meeting program goals
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Disability:IN offers generous benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a retirement plan, flex spending accounts, and unlimited paid time off.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to design new initiatives, programs, or events
- Ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to make tough decisions in a timely manner
- Strong time management and people management skills
- Ability to lead/manage both student and company groups
- Ability to adapt and evolve with moving priorities
- Strong customer service skills
- Timely responsiveness to multiple stakeholders
- Ability to explain and support college students as they transition from college to work
- An interest in, passion for, and commitment to Disability:IN’s work and vision.
- A willingness to take direction and carry out tasks at hand as directed by multiple supervisors/project leads.
- The ability to speak up and contribute observations and ideas; foresight about how to best fill gaps and solve problems.
- A personable and professional demeanor, with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Disability:IN’s staff and constituents.
- A high level of truthfulness, integrity, reliability, and honesty with work time and commitments.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity; must be flexible and comfortable with unstructured time.
- Driven, self-motivated, and willing to take initiative.
- Must be a team player and collaborate respectfully and inclusively with others across the organization.
- Good judgment; knowing when to handle or escalate issues to managers and others.
Send your resume and a brief cover letter, including salary requirements, to email@example.com. Please include “NextGen Initiatives Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The NextGen Initiatives Manager may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Disability:IN is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.