Preparing for the Conference
Connecting to the Virtual Platform
- HUB LINK: https://disabilityin.org/2020conference/hub/ ; The “HUB” is your central location for all plenaries, breakouts, expo hall, networking, etc. Be sure to bookmark this page for easy reference and navigation. For the best experience, please use the Google Chrome browser.
- Link will be active on Monday, July 13th after 12 noon EST, however, sessions will not be available until the agenda time. When accessing specific sessions, you will be prompted to enter your email address each time. Use the same email as connected to your registration.
- You will not need to login to the Hub to navigate to different conference sessions.
- Testing your firewall/Access with ON24 Test Link
The virtual conference uses a platform called ON24 to deliver all sessions as well as the virtual expo. If you would like to test access to the system to make sure no corporate firewalls will preclude you from joining, please use the test link above. You will be brought to a page to enter your email and then brought into the sample session. If your corporate firewall precludes you from accessing these pages, please contact your company’s IT department.
- AGENDA LINK: https://disabilityin.org/2020conference/agenda/
Start planning your schedule with the online agenda. The agenda is updated on a daily basis. If you cannot attend a session, you will be able to access the recording on-demand roughly 24-hrs after the live session.
Technical Support Guide
- Accessibility Support Guide Document
- We aimed for WCAG 2.1 AA wherever possible; maintaining A as the baseline.
- American Sign Language (ASL) will be provided during all breakout and plenary sessions.
- Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) will be provided during all breakout and plenary sessions.
- Live personal audio describers provided by AIRA – available throughout the entire event.
To Access Aira:
Step 1: Download the free Aira app on your smartphone
Step 2: Open the app, enter your mobile number and select the “Continue” button
Step 3: Aira will send you a text with a temporary, four-digit Aira code. Enter the code into the app to verify your mobile number
Step 4: You’re now ready to connect with an Aira agent. Try it out! Short calls of up to five minutes are free before the conference to familiarize yourself with the app
Step 5: Use AIRA for unlimited minutes during the conference by clicking on FREE Offers Available, Browse Offers, Promotions and the Disability:IN Conference.
Sharing on Social/Externally
- To join the conversation, use hashtag #DisabilityAdvantage in your posts.
- Connect and follow Disability:IN beforehand. Links to our channels below: