Who We Are
Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Our network of more than 270 corporations expands opportunities for people with disabilities across enterprises. Our organization and 25 affiliates raise a collective voice of positive change for people with disabilities in business.
What We Do
Disability:IN promotes disability inclusion by heightening awareness, advising corporations, and sharing proved strategies for including people with disabilities in the workplace, supply chain, and marketplace. We expand opportunities for people with disabilities by helping companies invigorate their disability initiatives, explore best practices, incorporate culture changes, and realize positive business outcomes.
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing effective, accessible social media strategies for Disability:IN programs, events, and organizational media posts. This role oversees all the marketing and branding on all the social media platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
- Develop and curate engaging and accessible content for social media platforms.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create a social media calendar.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
- Evaluate current social media platforms to determine if social media strategy is effective.
- Grow and expand social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increase presence on existing platforms.
Other duties and expectations of the role:
- Research the preferences of the target audience.
- Discover any current trends that may be applicable.
- Design social media posts that will sustain the curiosity of readers and create a buzz around any new products or services.
- Measure all web traffic.
- Monitor SEO.
- Define social media KPIs.
- Ensure maximum effectiveness by staying up to date with any changes on all social platforms.
- Train coworkers on how to use social media in a beneficial way.
- Ensure cohesiveness between coworkers on social platforms.
- Facilitate conversations online with individuals and respond to any questions.
- Report on online feedback and reviews from individuals, alums, and partners.
- Create an optimal schedule for posting, considering both individuals, alums, and partner engagement metrics as well as web traffic.
- Oversee the layout of all social media accounts.
- Suggest new methods to attract prospective partners/individuals, such as competitions or promotions.
- Suggest ways to optimize content.
- Measure campaign success.
- Stay on top of the current best practices and technologies for each social media platform.
- Use social media marketing tools to improve efficiency and manage all accounts effectively.
- Communicate with both industry professionals and social media influencers to create a solid social network.
Social Media Coordinator Qualifications / Skills:
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools.
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML.
- Excellent social listening skills.
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space.
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills.
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills.
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Detail-oriented approach with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of WCAG standards and accessibility of social media required.
- Demonstrate a solid commitment to accessibility and disability inclusion.
Work Schedule, Location, and Travel Requirements:
- Disability:IN is a fully remote organization; employees are expected to operate independently from a home office.
- May require some domestic travel 2-3 times a year for 3-5 days at a time.
- This role my cause for some occasional night and weekend work may be required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field is required.
- At least two years of progressive experience working with high-volume social media platforms, nonprofit programs/events, branding on social media and implementing social media strategies focusing on disability, inclusion, diversity, and cross-cultural efforts in an organization with diverse constituencies.
- Direct experience using social media management tools (Hootsuite, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere Pro) or equivalent digital media editing tools a plus.
- Critical thinker.
- Familiar with marketing channels and online marketing strategies.
- Familiar with web design and publishing.
- Ability to grasp future digital technology trends and act on them proactively
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Salary adjustments will be based on individual and organizational performance.
- Disability:IN offers generous benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a retirement plan, flex spending accounts, and unlimited paid time off.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Send all resumes to [email protected]
Disability:IN is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.