Who We Are
Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Our network of more than 250 corporations expands opportunities for people with disabilities across enterprises. Our organization and 25 affiliates raise a collective voice of positive change for people with disabilities in business.
What We Do
Disability:IN promotes disability inclusion by heightening awareness, advising corporations, and sharing proven strategies for including people with disabilities in the workplace, supply chain, and marketplace. We expand opportunities for people with disabilities by helping companies invigorate their disability initiatives, explore best practices, incorporate culture changes, and realize positive business outcomes.
The Senior Manager, NextGen Initiatives is responsible for overseeing all efforts related to Disability:IN’s NextGen Initiatives and continuing to grow and expand the program both inside and outside the U.S. Experience with accessibility, accommodations, and disability matters is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, lead and scale programs and initiatives that enhance professional development and career opportunities for college students and graduates with disabilities.
- Manage the mentorship program for up to college students and 200 corporate partners, both inside and outside the U.S.
- Manage – all programming related to NextGen that occurs at the Disability:IN Conference, as well as webinars, virtual and in-person matchmaking and events that happen throughout the year.
- Manage the NextGen Council and NextGen Alumni Network for an ever-growing number of college students and grads with disabilities.
- Lead recruitment efforts for college students with disabilities to meet NextGen Initiatives’ goals.
- Support Disability:IN corporate partner recruitment efforts through the NextGen network via a team of consultants; manage and coordinate this team of consultants and volunteers.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with potential funders and identify potential grant opportunities to apply for.
- Track NextGen employment outcomes and growth throughout NextGen programs.
- Work with Disability:IN Staff to market and grow the program.
- Work with supporting agencies outside Disability:IN to maintain relationships and develop streams of qualified talent for NextGen programs.
- Organize and assist with events hosted by NextGen Leaders’ corporate partners, introducing students to their organizations and recruiting future talent.
- Oversee programmatic budget and expenses.
Work Schedule, Location, and Travel Requirements
- Disability:IN is a fully remote organization; employees are expected to operate independently from a home office.
- Domestic travel 2-3 times a year for 3-5 days at a time.
- Occasional night and weekend work may be required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least seven years of experience required.
- Experience in coordinating and leading work teams, developing programs, and meeting program goals is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of six years of progressive experience in developing solutions and implementing strategies focusing on diversity and cross-cultural resource efforts in an organization with diverse constituencies.
Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Salary adjustments will be based on individual and organizational performance.
- Disability:IN offers generous benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a retirement plan, flex spending accounts, and unlimited paid time off.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Design new initiatives, programs, and events.
- Execute multiple tasks simultaneously, make difficult decisions in a timely manner, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong customer service, time management, and people management skills, with the ability to lead/manage both student and company groups.
- Respond on a timely basis to multiple stakeholders and juggle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Support college students as they transition from college to work.
- Sees beyond their department, has a strong understanding of cross-department connections, and identifies/evaluates/implements strategic opportunities to work across departments; ensures that such collaborations benefit Disability:IN in the form of better outcomes, greater efficiencies, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and partner service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of diversity principles, practices, and procedures
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Global awareness and strength on inclusion programs
- An interest in, passion for, and commitment to Disability:IN’s work and core mission.
- A willingness to take direction and carry out tasks at hand as directed by multiple supervisors/project leads.
- The ability to speak up, contribute observations and ideas and offer foresight about how to best fill gaps and solve problems.
- A personable and professional demeanor, with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Disability:IN’s staff and constituents.
- A high level of truthfulness, integrity, reliability, and honesty with work time and commitments.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity; must be flexible and comfortable with unstructured time.
- Driven, self-motivated, and willing to take initiative.
- Must be a team player and collaborate respectfully and inclusively with others across the organization.
- Good judgment; knowing when to handle or escalate issues to supervisor and others.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
Send all resumes to HR, [email protected]
The Senior Manager, NextGen Initiatives may be required to perform other duties as
requested, directed or assigned.
Disability:IN is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.