Who We Are
Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Our network of more than 270 corporations expands opportunities for people with disabilities across enterprises. Our organization and 25 affiliates raise a collective voice of positive change for people with disabilities in business.
What We Do
Disability:IN promotes disability inclusion by heightening awareness, advising corporations, and has proven strategies for including people with disabilities in the workplace, supply chain, and marketplace. We expand opportunities for people with disabilities by helping companies invigorate their disability initiatives, explore best practices, incorporate culture changes, and realize positive business outcomes.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for external and internal designs for all of the organization’s marketing channels, as well as the maintenance and development of the organization’s website. This role requires a strong print and web designer with proven innovation motivated by our mission and the opportunity to be part of a growing nonprofit organization. S/he is also responsible for working closely with the Marketing and Communications Director, Social Media Coordinator, and other staff to develop and implement innovative marketing designs. Knowledge of WCAG standards and website accessibility is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the expansion of all Disability:IN’s creative, including graphic art, design, ads, logos, website, branding, through execution of Monthly line-up e-newsletter and any other program-specific design needs
- Work closely with the Social Media Coordinator, multiple departments, and partners on all marketing design work to ensure the organization’s branding, communications, and images are relevant and high-quality, free of errors.
- Organize and maintain an inventory of assets to be used for partnership engagements and events.
- Primary ownership of the Disability:IN website, and associated websites, including creating new pages and maintaining current pages.
- Stay updated and connected to disability and business communities on digital channels, leveraging insights for Disability:IN’s branding opportunities and critical positioning/placement
- Effective, self-starter to create and design various materials for print and digital collateral
- Ensure projects are completed in high quality and on schedule
- Establish creative direction for the organization as well as brand guidelines
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Discipline with project management budget for all creative design work/outcomes
Work Schedule, Location, and Travel Requirements
- Disability:IN is a fully remote organization; employees are expected to operate independently from a home office
- Infrequent travel required (e.g., to the Disability:IN Annual Conference)
Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary will be commensurate with experience
- Future salary adjustments will be based on individual and organizational performance.
- Disability:IN offers generous benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a retirement plan, flex spending accounts, and unlimited paid time off.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, marketing, communications, or related field required.
- 3-5 years of experience desired in the areas of:
- Corporate/organizational high-level branding
- Graphics and marketing expertise for social media community building; and
- Web design and content management.
- Experience making data-driven marketing decisions using analytics, A/B testing, and other measurement tools to ensure end-user understanding is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and SEO is strongly preferred.
- Sound, graphic design skills:
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software
- Knowledge of video editing software and email marketing software (such as Constant Contact/Mailchimp) is a plus
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent eye for detail
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Sophisticated design skills, with excellent writing skills
- Ability to solicit information and collaboration from a broad team and produce succinct design and branding work for external audiences
- Strong management, organizational skills, and outstanding attention to detail
- A high degree of flexibility, resilience, and a proven track record of achieving results
- An interest in, passion for, and commitment to Disability:IN’s core mission
- The ability to speak up, contribute observations and ideas and offer foresight about how to fill gaps best and solve problems
- A personable and professional demeanor, with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Disability:IN’s constituents
- A commitment to demonstrating a high level of truthfulness, integrity, reliability, and honesty with work time and commitments
- High tolerance for ambiguity; must be flexible and comfortable with unstructured time.
- Driven, self-motivated, and willing to take initiative
- Must be a team player and collaborate respectfully and inclusively with others across the organization
- Sound judgment, know when to handle or escalate issues to others
Knowledge of ADA & WCAG standards and website accessibility is required.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Send all resumes to [email protected]
Disability:IN is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.